Mission Planner for DCS: World
Please post questions, feedback and suggestions in this thread on the ED Forums.
- Using the Admin Tool, select a mission file from your hard drive and create a new instance. I recommend leaving the tab with the admin tool open in the background so you won't have to type in the admin URL and re-select your mission in step 4.
- Give out the "Red URL" and "Blue URL" to the respective side's players. Keep the "Admin URL" in a safe place.
- Enter the instance URL for the side you want to connect to (Red or Blue) into the field below and click Connect.
- Collaboratively edit the waypoints.
- Using the "Save Mission" button in the admin tool, download the edited mission and start a DCS Server with it. If you closed the admin tool in the meantime, you will have to enter the admin URL and re-select the same mission you used to create the instance.
The Mission Planner is using the online version of the DCS: World map. To improve performance and save bandwidth on the server, please follow the above instructions to download it to your local hard drive.
If the map does not show up, the server has been disabled because it exceeded its monthly traffic allowance.
How to Plan your Mission
"Edit Routes" Mode
- You can edit the route of every playable aircraft.
- The active route is drawn in blue, inactive routes are shown in magenta. Change the active route with the drop-down menu on the left or by clicking on an inactive route.
- Right-click the map to add a new waypoint to the active route.
- Drag waypoints to move them, drag lines in between to insert a waypoint there.
- Left-click a waypoint to get the option to delete it.
"Edit Annotations" Mode
- Switch to Edit Annotations on the control panel.
- Right-click and drag to add a new annotation.
- Left-click an annotation to get the option to delete it.
- Left-click on a yellow pushpin to show airport information.
This Mission Planner is based on
the great work of many other people. I want to thank the
authors of the following works; without them, this project
would not have been possible.
- The airport information was compiled by kosmos224 (DCS User Files entry)
- The unit symbols are from DCS: World and are redistributed with permission from Eagle Dynamics.
- Thanks to the authors of the third-party libraries listed in README.md!
- Thanks to Speed for writing Slmod! A lot of confusion about the DCS: World Lua environment was cleared up by reading Slmod source code in the early stages of this project when the server part still lived in DCS.
- Thanks to Eagle Dynamics for not only making an awesome simulator, but also making it mod-friendly and leaving comments on how to do coordinate conversion in the Lua files!
Please refresh the page and log in again.